The diabetes occurs when the pancreas does not produce enough our insulin to keep our body in good condition, or when it is produced in small quantities or insufficient quality. This condition manifests itself with several symptoms that should be taken care of, since the accumulation of sugar in the blood, if not treated properly, can severely affect our health. Do you suspect that you may be suffering from this condition? If you want to know if you have diabetes , here we explain the main signs of this condition.
You may also be interested in: How to eat if I have type 2 diabetes
1. The pancreas is responsible for producing insulin , a substance that helps us regulate blood sugar levels, allowing glucose to travel through our body to give energy to the cells, once this process is completed the remaining glucose is Stored for when we need it.
Excessive accumulation of glucose in the blood due to a high intake of foods that contain it and the inability of our body to use it and convert it into energy are the main triggers of type 2 diabetes , which presents in advanced ages being the most Common of all. Type 1 or juvenile diabetes occurs when the cells of the pancreas are progressively destroyed, preventing proper production of insulin.
2. It is not always easy to know if you have diabetes , and is that when it comes to type 1 or juvenile diabetes the symptoms appear suddenly and much more clearly, but in the case of type 2 diabetes the patient can spend much time with this Condition without presenting any symptoms. For this reason to perform an annual blood test is the best way to ensure that our sugar levels are adequate and that we are not suffering from this condition.
3. To find out if you have diabetes, pay attention to the following symptoms:
- Increased urge to urinate and constant trips to the bathroom. This is because because of excess blood glucose the kidneys work to try to eliminate it through the urine, producing more than usual.
- Be insatiable and frequent desire to drink. If you urinate more often it is normal for your body to consume more fluid to replenish the lost and to hydrate you.
- Tiredness and weakness despite sleeping correctly. This is because because of problems with insulin, the cells are not getting the amount of energy they need.
- In the case of type 1 diabetes , sudden and unexplained weight loss occurs. This symptom occurs less frequently in type 2 diabetes.
Other symptoms may include numbness and tingling in the hands and feet, vision problems, poor healing, and frequent bruising on the body.
4. If you suspect you have diabetes it is best to visit a doctor for a review. Blood tests to measure glucose levels and glucose tolerance tests are the most common tests that are done to determine if we have this condition.
This article is purely informative, we do not have the power to prescribe any medical treatment or make any kind of diagnosis. We invite you to go to a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to How to know if I have diabetes , we recommend you to enter our category of Diseases and side effects .