How to choose the sun protection factor?
The arrival of high temperatures invites activities outdoors : picnics, walks, exercise outside the gym and of course the wonderful trips to the beach as expected throughout the year. And while all this sounds very funny needs to be addressed with responsibility to care for our skin and not risk our health, so in tipsfromexperts.org we give you the keys so you know how to choose the sun protection factor.
You may also be interested in : How to choose the right sunscreen.
1. The choice of sun protection factor depends mainly on the type of skin you have, if it is a very fair skin that burns easily sun, if you have a slightly tougher skin or if you tan. You should always use sunscreen as UV and UV rays are very harmful to your skin.
2. Products with SPF from 2 to 10 are considered low protection, ranging from 15 to 20 medium protection and those from 30 to 50 or higher high protection
3. Start by determining how much your skin delays in sunburn without protection, this will allow you to get the account because the FPS is related just as long as our skin remains “safe” from the sun’s rays without burning. Clear skins usually take 3 to 5 minutes, the least sensitive 10 or more while dark skins can take up to 40 minutes without burning
4. By multiplying that time by the FPS that indicates the product you will get the amount of minutes that you are protected, for example if you delay 5 minutes to burn without any product and you choose a protector with SPF 15 you will be 75 minutes protected from UV rays and UVA If the product indicates it
5. Note that you must use a special product for your face because the skin is more sensitive and delicate, with a higher SPF and one for the rest of your body
6. It is convenient to choose a product according to the activity , if you’re buying a tough protective sportsman sweat and water, just as children should choose presentations for young children and water-based cosmetics for face
7. To read more articles like How to Choose the sun protection factor , we recommend you enter our category Beauty and Personal Care .
- Do not forget that the perfect tan is one that looks good and keeps us healthy
- Skin marks and marks, premature aging and different types of cancer are just some of the effects of unprotected sun exposure, take it into account