How to know my skin type
Normal, oily, dry skin? Knowing what our skin type is is essential to be able to provide the care you need to stay healthy and look beautiful. In addition, it is important to know the characteristics of the dermis and make sure that we are choosing the right products before applying them, otherwise we could cause serious damage to their structure and impair their good appearance. If you still do not have very clear how to know your type of skin , pay attention to this article of a How and salt of doubt once and for all.
The normal skin does not present any kind of imbalance and is characterized by a matte and luminous appearance. It has a good hydration, so its appearance is lush and with a velvety feel. Because its pH is balanced, glitters are not visible nor suffer the frequent appearance of impurities or blackheads. In addition, the pores are very small and are perfectly closed.
It is characteristic of people who eat well and whose body functions with complete normality; However it is not a very common skin type, since a dermis that at first is normal, can undergo changes due to the external agents with which it comes in contact or the internal changes.
- Apply a moisturizer every day.
- Make use of anti-wrinkle creams when you have mature skin.
- Clean the skin with mild liquid soaps and then apply a facial tonic so that the pores do not open.
Due to insufficient lipid production at the level of the epidermis, dry skin is tight, rough to the touch, brittle, opaque, dull and dull. The lack of natural moisture causes it to be dehydrated and there is scaling in some areas, irritation, extreme dryness, sensitivity, heat sensation and itching.
In addition, the pores are smooth and thin, and have a greater tendency to develop fine lines, wrinkles and blemishes. That is why it often seems older than it actually is.
- Use cleansing milks or creams that should not be cleared.
- Avoid aggressive soaps.
- Apply a moisturizing cream that contains sun protection both in the morning and at night.
- Do not use cosmetic products containing alcohol.
- Make use of anti-aging creams (from 25 years) that contain components such as retinol, glycolic acid, collagen, vitamin E.For more details, we recommend you refer to the article How to take care of dry skin of the face .
This type of skin undergoes the effects of excessive fat production of the sebaceous glands. This causes, among other symptoms, brightness, especially in the T-zone (front, nose and chin), dilated pores that are easily clogged, appearance off and continuous formation of skin imperfections.
His biggest problem are blackheads, pimples and his strong tendency to acne; On the contrary, its advantage is that, unlike dry skin, it ages more slowly.
- Use a water-based cleansing gel, avoiding those with oils or a very creamy texture.
- Apply an astringent facial tonic to reduce excessive fat.
- Use a moisturizing cream in gel format that is free of oils.
- Perform weekly peels to remove impurities.
The combination skin is perhaps the most difficult type of skin care, it is a combination of the two. That is, it is characterized by presenting the T (front, nose and chin) zone with excess fat and, on the contrary, the other areas (cheeks and eye contour) are rather dry.
- Use water-based cleansing gels specifically for oily skin.
- Apply moisturizers free of oils.
- Exfoliate the skin once a week.
- To avoid their tendency to sag, apply anti-aging creams enriched with vitamin C.
For more details, see How to care for mixed skin .
The sensitive skin may have any of the features mentioned above, but also tends to irritate upon contact with most products or by exposure to extreme temperatures.
It is characterized by being too thin, irritated and reddened with great ease. Rashes, itching, peeling and dryness are common. It also suffers from lack of softness and premature aging.
- Use hyporalergenic cosmetic products.
- Wash the face with a cleansing milk without rinsing.
- Apply moisturizing creams that contain decongestant and soothing substances.
- Protect the skin from UV rays with a high factor sun block.
Discover more details in the article How to care for sensitive skin .
If you want to read more similar articles How to know my skin type , we recommend you to enter our category of Beauty and Personal Care.