How to Make Alkaline Water at Home
Do you know all the benefits of drinking alkaline water for health? Consuming water with a pH that is above 7.3 is extremely beneficial to the body, as this type of water, unlike the others, acts as a natural antacid balancing the levels of acidity in the body , and for thereby helping to prevent disease, to purify the body effectively, to maintain healthy cells and to purify blood. Alkaline water, unlike the low quality ones, does not affect the immune system or cause health problems, such as alterations in the digestive system. On the contrary, it is perfect for improving our well-being and quality of life.
If you are interested in knowing how to make alkaline water at home step by step easily, continue reading this article in which we show it in detail.
What is alkaline water for and what are its benefits
What is the pH of water
The pH of the water is determined according to the origin of the water. This value refers to the concentration of hydrogen ions of a liquid and we must take into account that a value below 7 would be acidic and above 7 would be alkaline.
Therefore , we can say that alkaline water is that water which has been subjected to filtration systems that finally allow it to have a pH higher than 7. And considering that a healthy organism must have a pH which oscillates between 7. 35 and 7.45, alkaline water is excellent for normalizing the pH of the body and promoting the health of the body avoiding problems in the digestive system, fatigue, weight gain, chronic diseases and other diseases associated with a body acid.
Benefits of Alkaline Water for Health
There are several benefits of drinking alkaline water for the health of the body and then we list all, so you can know the difference between this type of water and other lower quality:
- Its antioxidant properties neutralize the action of free radicals in the body, which is essential to prevent oxidation of the cells and keep them healthy. This is vital to prevent premature aging and suffering from all kinds of diseases, including cancer.
- Cleanses and purifies the body: it favors the detoxification of the organs eliminating the toxins and the waste which does not need the organism and in the long term can harm his state of health.
- Helps prevent fluid retention and promotes weight loss.
- It provides the body with the essential minerals (calcium, potassium and magnesium ). it needs to function properly.
- It prevents the premature aging of the skin, keeps it perfectly hydrated, much more elastic and radiant.
- It benefits the digestive system improving the digestion process and prevents constipation.
- It lubricates the muscles of the body and helps to improve the pains that people with arthritis or injuries and tears in the muscles suffer.
- It promotes correct blood flow and regulates the pH of the blood.
- It prevents osteoporosis , since it favors the elimination of solid waste, as is the case of uric acid and nephroliths, through urination.
How to Make Alkaline Water with Lemon
For all the above properties of alkaline water, we can say that its habitual consumption is advisable to maintain the perfect acid / alkaline balance in the body, to help the body perform correctly the function of eliminating all the wastes and toxic agents and to enjoy an excellent state of health and a better quality of life.
There are some methods to alkalize water at home in a much more economical and simple way than the filtration systems that are usually carried out to get it. In the following lines, we will show you how to make alkaline water at home easily and with some natural products.
The first recipe consists of making alkaline water with lemon and Himalayan salt , a type of salt pure and free of contaminants.
- 1 pitcher of water
- 1 lemon
- 1 small spoon of Himalayan salt
- Pour water into a pitcher until filling.
- Cut the lemon into medium pieces and add to the water of the jar.
- Add Himalayan salt.
- Cover the carafe and allow the mixture to stand for at least 12 hours at room temperature.
- Ready! The next day, you can strain the preparation and take this lemon water when you want.
How to make alkaline water with baking soda
Another of the best tricks to alkalize the water in a homemade way is to use baking soda , as this product can cause a glass of water with a pH of 7.2 to have a pH of 7.9, so it is already Will be a perfect alkaline water to balance the levels of acidity in the body.
- 1 glass of water
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
In this case the preparation is very simple, just add the baking soda in the glass of water and stir well until the bicarbonate is completely diluted. Then you can drink it.
Another method to make alkaline water at home with boiling
The last method we propose to make homemade alkaline water is to boil the water for about 5 minutes simply. Doing this and allowing it to cool down afterwards will allow the water to pass from a pH of 7.2 to a pH of 8.4, so that it will serve to alkalize your body perfectly.
After using this method to alkalize the water, it is advisable to store it in glass bottles with a stopper so that it is kept in perfect condition and does not lose its properties.
This article is purely informative, we do not have the power to prescribe any medical treatment or make any kind of diagnosis. We invite you to go to a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to How to make alkaline water at home , we recommend you to enter our Healthy Life category .