Symptoms and treatment of stress gastritis
Daily stress, anxiety and accumulated tension can negatively affect the health of our stomach and cause inflammation of the so-called gastric mucosa. This causes the suffering of a condition called gastritis due to stress, nervous or emotional gastritis, and is that this unlike other gastritis, is caused not by bacteria but by an accumulation of negative emotions. Many people who present, it do not have noticeable symptoms, so there are numerous cases in which their condition is unknown; However, it is important to identify and treat it to avoid complications and to cause more serious damage to the stomach, such as the formation of ulcers. In its treatment, it is fundamental to pay attention to the habits of life and to the feeding, In the following article we show in detail what are all the symptoms and the treatment of the gastritis by stress.
Causes of Stress Gastritis
Stress, nervous or emotional gastritis is caused, as its name already indicates, by constant stress and anxiety that keeps the person with a continuous tension and a sense of alertness, which ends up hurting the health of all Body, including the stomach. What happens is that this stress and constant nervousness ends up inflaming the stomach walls, which if not treated as it should can end up causing the formation of ulcers in the stomach.
This type of gastritis is more common in young women, but can affect people of all ages. Also, it is important to distinguish between two types of emotional gastritis:
Acute gastritis: inflammation of the gastric mucosa occurs for a short period of time.
Chronic gastritis: the symptoms are presented more mildly but suffer for long periods of time, there are even cases where its duration is for life. In many cases, the symptomatology is so slight that the affected person does not know that he suffers from this type of gastritis until he is diagnosed by a medical specialist.
Symptoms of Stress Gastritis
The symptoms of emotional gastritis can be divided into two types, since we find those that are directly related to stress and, on the other hand, the physicists associated with the digestive system. Therefore , we can say that the symptoms of common gastritis by stress are:
Psychological or emotional symptoms
- Stress and anxiety.
- Stomach aches.
- Feeling of heartburn.
- Nausea and / or vomiting.
- Reduced appetite.
- Generalized malaise.
- Abdominal swelling.
- If gastritis is not treated and symptoms are prolonged, ulcers can form in the stomach .
Treatment of stress gastritis
The treatment of stress gastritis should focus on two fundamental aspects to overcome this condition: lifestyle, on the one hand, and daily food, on the other.
First, it will be necessary to combat the main cause of this condition: stress and anxiety. And in order to achieve it successfully and to recover the mental balance and a state of calm, recommendations such as those listed below can be helpful:
- To dedicate time to oneself and to realize activities that we find pleasant and amusing.
- Change the way you see things and try to maintain a more optimistic and positive attitude towards life.
- Learn to control the nerves.
- Rest at least 8 hours a day.
- Take small breaks while we are working.
- Do physical exercise on a regular basis or do some sporting activity that we like. During the practice of physical activity, we segregate endorfirnas, which are hormones that contribute to our happiness and well-being.
- Practice disciplines that teach us to breathe, relax the body and leave the mind blank. Yoga, pilates and meditation are all very good options to combat day-to-day stress.
In the case of not being able to control the negative emotions by oneself, it is important to be put in the hands of specialists in psychology and therapists and to follow all their indications as well as the treatment that they indicate in each case.
In the following article we show more tips to reduce stress naturally .
Diet for Nerve Gastritis
With the condition of this condition, the gastric mucosa is damaged and inflamed, so it is also very important to repair the daily diet to improve the health of the digestive system and prevent the symptoms of gastritis are worse.
The diet for the most suitable nervous gastritis is a soft and healthy diet that is rich especially in soft foods that do not contribute to the irritation and inflammation of the inner lining of the stomach. Among the most recommended foods for gastritis are the following:
- Lean meats
- White rice
- PureesPotatoes (not fried)
- Flatulent Vegetables
- Toasted white bread
- Eggs (not fried)
- Fruits without skin or cooked
- Dairy products
On the contrary, avoiding the consumption of caffeinated beverages, sweets and pastries, whole dairy products, citrus fruits, fatty meats, sausages, fried foods, flatulent vegetables, pulses, spicy foods or Very spicy, sauces, etc.
Natural Remedies for Nerve Gastritis
In addition to the above measures, there are home remedies for gastritis nerve that offer very good results when it comes to combating stress and anxiety and taking care of the health of the gastrointestinal system. Here are some of the most effective:
- Infusions of chamomile, tila, peppermint, boldo, licorice or parsley. One cup of one of these infusions should be taken 30 minutes after eating to notice improvement.
- Natural juices made with ingredients such as papaya, aloe vera, banana and pear.
- Take 1 cup of hot water with 1 small spoonful of fennel seeds and a little honey to relax the digestive system and to de-flush the gastric mucosa.
- Eat cold gelatin without sugar to reduce stomach aches and burning sensation.
- Take 2 tablespoons of honey mixed with 1 glass of warm water on an empty stomach to combat swelling and gas and improve the state of health of the stomach.
This article is purely informative, we do not have the power to prescribe any medical treatment or make any kind of diagnosis. We invite you to go to a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Symptoms and treatment of stress gastritis, we recommend you to enter our category of Diseases and side effects .