How to take care of eyes – tips and solutions
The eyes are one of the most sensitive organs of the human body, to which must be added that they are in permanent exposure to different external agents that can harm them and cause them problems. In this article we will give you a complete list of tips and solutions to know how to take care of your eyes .
You may also be interested in: How to make my eye white – infallible advice.
Steps to follow:
1. First you must know that the damage to the eyes is caused by two aspects: dry eye, irritation and fatigue. The reasons why this occurs are:
- Working long hours in front of the computer
- Bad lighting
- Dust, environmental dirt and smoke
- The effect of air conditioning and heating
- The chlorine in the pools
2. The first advice we give you to take proper care of your eyes is to make good use of the contact lenses, you must clean them correctly, according to the manufacturer’s instructions and do not use them more than the recommended time.
3. Follow proper eye cleansing using a cleanser, use an ophthalmic solution to clean the eye frequently.
4. Periodic breaks or blinks frequently when you are in front of the computer or reading a book. The specialists advise to take a rest of the computer of approximately one minute for every 15 minutes of being in front of the computer . During this time, you can close your eyes or see in the distance for the eye to relax. Also, it is best to read at a distance of 40 to 50 centimeters.
5. Avoid environments with fumes, air conditioners or heating, in these cases it is advisable not to expose directly to the air outlet and reduce the intensity. This tip is very interesting to take care of the eyes .
6. The vacation of the eyes , it is important that the eyes also go on holiday and therefore during that time that is not working should be tried to decrease the amount of hours that remains in front of the screen. To achieve this before connecting, establish in advance how many hours you are going to be connected.
7. The lighting is basic so that when you work the eye does not suffer, ensure a balance by combining white light and yellow light. To have good lighting you must follow these tips:
- Locate the computer screen in such a way that the windows are oriented perpendicular to the plane of the screen.
- The screen should never be facing the front or back to the windows.
- It regulates the spatial arrangement of the monitor, avoiding reflections.
- Uses the brightness / contrast regulation systems incorporated in the monitor.
- Always use the curtains / blinds to regulate the natural light in the room.
- Avoid using reflective surfaces in your environment.
8. Perform checks, every six months, on the visual and operating conditions of the eye muscles with the optician. The tests that you must ask your eye doctor are:
- Examination dilation pupils
- Visual field test
Pediatricians usually have vision control. At the age of 3 it is correct to make a first evaluation.
This article is purely informative, we do not have the power to prescribe any medical treatment or make any kind of diagnosis. We invite you to go to a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you would like to read more articles similar to How to take care of your eyes – tips and solutions , we recommend you to enter our category of Diseases and side effects .